Niki Reeve - General Manager
113 Chomley Street,
Prahran, Victoria, 3181
P: 03 9529 8107
F: 03 9529 8166
Welcome to Heritage Care
Chomley House is a boutique style home that can accommodate 38 residents. The Prahran location provides convenient accessibility for family members in the Windor, South Yarra, Toorak, Armadale and St Kilda regions. The residents are also provided swift access to High Street shopping, the Chapel Street precinct, local parks, private hospitals, and community services.
At Chomley House, we are passionate in offering the highest quality aged care for our residents, through permanent or respite care. We offer 24-hour nursing care and a wide range of services for residents aimed at increasing their experience. Our unique services include family participation in resident care planning, music, crafts and interests groups, exercise classes and a hairdressing salon.
Chomley House is elegantly designed and provides residents with a tranquil and homely environment.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
To ensure our residents have the best stay possible at Chomley House, we offer a range of services and activities including:
- 24-hour, seven days a week, high-quality nursing care for residents
- Freshly prepared, home-style meals in our fully functional commercial kitchen
- A six-week seasonal menu that is constantly reviewed by our dietician, offering residents a choice of nutritious meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- A lifestyle program that provides entertainers, personalised one-to-one time, hand massage therapy, church services, bus outings and more
- Assistance for residents to achieve maximum independence
- Resident’s own choice of visiting doctors
- Specialised care and allied health services
- Integrated family participation in resident care planning
- Music, crafts and interest groups
- Exercise classes and regular outings
- Hairdressing services at our salon
The fee arrangements for Aged Care homes changed on the 1st July 2014. A summary of the types of fees that you may be charged can be found at Aged Care changes from 1st July 2014.
If your income and assets are over a certain amount you may be asked to make an accommodation payment that you agree with the home. Otherwise the Australian Government will pay for part or all of your accommodation costs.
The Department of Human Services will advise you if you are required to make an accommodation payment.
For more information about Commonwealth fees contact Centrelink of visit these websites:
Department of Human Services www.humanservices.gov.au
My Aged Care www.myagedcare.gov.au
Below we have listed the maximum price (Refundable Accommodation Deposit) you may be asked to pay when entering Chomley House:
- Maximum RAD $450,000
- Room Suites vary in size, layout and features.
- Room Suite prices vary and are based on the room size, layout and features.
The accommodation pricing quoted is relative to the size layout and features of the rooms and depending on your circumstances these prices may be negotiable, or not applicable if you are a fully supported resident.
Residents can choose to pay for their accommodation by a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD), a Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) or a combination of both.
- A Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) is paid as a lump sum amount.
- A Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) accrues daily.
- A combination payment includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments.