Date issued: 28 July 2020
Issued by: The Executive, Heritage Care
Issued to: Residents, Families, Staff, Contractors at all Heritage Care Sites
Purpose: To provide all stakeholders with information about COVID-19 at Epping Gardens and our responses. These updates will be posted on the Heritage Care website, and continue to be directly sent to families, friends and staff at Epping Gardens by email.
We remain deeply saddened by the passing of three more residents with COVID-19. Our deepest sympathies and sincerest condolences are with the family and friends. We also advise the team caring for your loved one are also naturally upset and we thank them for the care and support they provided.
We can confirm:
- The number of residents remains at 61 for testing positive to COVID-19.
- No further increase in staff results which remains at 22 positive cases.
- Some results of testing completed yesterday have been received. No more positive cases confirmed. 35 results are pending and will advise tomorrow of further updates.
- The transfer of residents whose needs cannot be met in a nursing home to other facilities is now occurring with support from the authorities.
- We appreciate the support of those who nominated a contact person on behalf of their loved one who will keep other family members and friends informed of their health and status.
- We are receiving requests or information from families wishing to take their loved one home. We have a duty of care to meet certain requirements to support the transfer of care to a family member. Please advise if this is your intention on email@example.com so we can discuss with you and organise.
- The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission have taken regulatory action and we attach their letter with this update to assist you understand what this means for Epping Gardens. We have appointed a Nurse Adviser approved by the Commission.
- We have provided security on-site due to staff being verbally abused as they commence or finish their shift. The Commission also supports the appointment of security staff to protect our staff who have and continue to provide care and services to your loved one. This is most disappointing we have had to take this action, but we also need to protect our staff and we have always maintained a zero tolerance for aggression in our workplace.
The Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) will be facilitating a Zoom meeting and we will provide information to you when received.