About the Job
Twin Parks is nestled in the quiet, peaceful and leafy surrounds of Reservoir in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, 16 kilometres from the CBD. Providing quality care to 136 residents very close to public transport.
Benefits and Culture
- Flexible Shifts – Full Time, Part Time and Casual opportunities Available
- Above Award Rates
- Grow Your Own Staff Referral Program (Opportunity to earn extra $$$$)
- Ongoing professional development
- A positive and supportive workplace culture
- Employee Assistance & discounted Health & Well Being Program
- Free onsite car park
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- The Opportunity on Offer
Seeking Lifestyle Assistant for Full Time positions, however there is flexibility for Part Time or Casual opportunities.
The Lifestyle Assistant is responsible in the overall planning and provision of individual, group and community activities according to residents' individual assessed physical, social, cultural and spiritual.
How you will make an Impact
As the Lifestyle Assistant you will ensure the delivery of person-centred leisure and lifestyle programs that embrace evidenced based contemporary practice, supporting residents to achieve their personal goals. Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Implement an activity program which caters for individuals and groups, based on identified wishes, interests and hobbies of the residents. Consideration should be given to residents' conditions such as cognitive abilities, sensory deficits, challenging behaviour and physical abilities.
- Organise special individual and small group activities to suit the resident's individual needs and cultural requirements.
- Documents exceptions to the lifestyle care plan.
- Lifestyle and activities charting
- Utilise the POS machine to manage residents' cash transactions.
- Gathers information to prepare 1-2 monthly newsletter for residents/representatives.
- Communicate with family members about the resident's wellbeing.
- Record and evaluate resident participation in activities
- Organise regular resident/representative meetings, and address and attempt to resolve concerns of resident, family and visitors, liaising with other staff and management as required.
- Report to the Lifestyle Manager or Coordinator regarding future activities, funding and any relevant concerns.
- Organises, supervises and supports student participation in activity programs.
- Organises, supervises and supports volunteer participation in activity programs.
- Ongoing continuous improvement of the activities program, taking on board resident/representative and management requests/complaints/feedback.
You are an individual with a caring nature who gets satisfaction in making a positive difference in the lives of our residents every day. You enjoy working in a team where no two days are the same. You are excited to share your ideas and make a contribution to the wider community.
- A certificate in Lifestyle or its equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in residential aged care
- NDIS Workers Screening Check
- Current Covid-19 Vaccinations (highly recommended)
- Food Handling Certificate
- Driver licence
- Qualifications or knowledge of Montessori or other behavioural support methodologies
Heritage Care is a leading residential aged care provider with 11 aged care home and 1046 beds across Victoria and New South Wales. Founded in 2002, Heritage Care is an Australian independently owned provider of quality residential aged care.
Heritage Care offers an engaging lifestyle and consciously nurtured community for residents in aged care. Our residents receive attentive, tailored care backed by highly skilled and caring staff.
We have over 20 years' experience in cultivating communities that brighten our residents' lives and help them maintain an active and enriching life.
We take a people centred approach to care which means our residents benefit from clinical care, participation in stimulating activities and nourished with wholesome and culturally accepted meals that are individualised to their needs and tastes. We also preserve their autonomy by involving them in daily decision making and offer complete transparency for families and loved ones.
Should you want to be work in a fully supported environment, where you have the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of others, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume via the APPLY NOW Link. Due to high volume of candidates, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Location – Twin Parks- 33/47 Blake St, Reservoir VIC 3073
Job Type – Permanent Part Time
Job Position – Lifestyle
Salary – 30.54 – 32.27
Position Close Date – 21/02/2024