Aged Care in Sydenham
Welcome to Water Gardens
Water Gardens is a community-focused aged care home in Melbourne, offering a unique ‘Lifestyle Program’ consisting of exciting activities focused on health and wellbeing and a sense of community. Furthermore, the ‘Lifestyle Program’ includes entertainers, one-to-one time, hand massage therapy, church services, bus outings and more. To enrich the communal environment, we offer home-style cooking and baking with a four-week seasonal menu.
Conveniently located next to Water Gardens Shopping Centre in Sydenham, our homes and aged care providers offer guests an exceptional living environment. With close proximity to Keilor, St Albans, Sunshine, Strathmore and Essendon, With Water Gardens, finding aged care in Melbourne can be a simple process.
Our professional team of experienced staff ensure each patron’s specialised needs are met. Services include 24-hour nursing care and allied health services, the theatre, library, café, a private function room, and other luxurious features. In addition, the stylish and colourful design of the Water Gardens homes creates a vibrant and uplifting atmosphere for our guests.
When it comes to aged care in Victoria, you need a home that is on your side. At Water Gardens, we provide permanent care, specialised care and respite care. It’s our goal to go above and beyond, ensuring professionalism alongside building strong friendships with all of our guests.
Contact Water Gardens
352 Sydenham Road, Sydenham, Vic, 3037
f. (03) 8358 1301
Client Service Manager
m. 0460 432 049
Services and Facilities
At water Gardens, we focus on homestyle aged care, offering a range of services and activities to ensure our guests have the best stay possible, including:
- 24-hour, seven days a week, high-quality nursing care for individuals
- Assisting patrons in building maximum independence
- Specialised care and allied health services
- Integrated family participation in guest care planning
- Music, crafts and interest groups
- Exercise classes and regular outings
- Hairdressing services at our salon
- A café for family and guests to spend time together
- Common lounges with TV and Foxtel
- A library for guests to enjoy reading and quiet time
- A movie theatre with a projector screen
- Barbeque areas surrounded by luscious greenery
- A private function room for families and friends to celebrate special occasions, where catering can be ordered from the kitchen
Aged Care Fees and Charges
The aged care fees and charges changed on the 1st of July 2014. You can find a summary of the types of expenses at Aged Care from 1st July 2014.
- If your income and assets are over a certain amount you may be asked to make an accommodation payment that you agree with the home. Otherwise, the Australian Government will pay for part or all of your accommodation costs.
- The Department of Human Services will advise you if you are required to make an accommodation payment.
- For more information about Commonwealth, fees contact Centre link or visit these websites:
Department of Human Services www.humanservices.gov.au
My Aged Care www.myagedcare.gov.au
Below we have listed the maximum price (Refundable Accommodation Deposit) you may be asked to pay when entering Water Gardens:
- Minimum RAD $450,000
- Maximum RAD $550,000
Residents can choose to pay for their accommodation by a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD), a Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) or a combination of both.
- A Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) is paid as a lump sum amount.
- A Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) accrues daily.
- A combination payment includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments.
Aged Care in Australia
At Heritage Care, we pride ourselves on offering the best aged care in Australia with the service and support designed to encourage and inspire. When finding a nursing home in Melbourne, you need to find a friend and a carer. We enjoy hearing your stories and forming meaningful friendships as we care for you and accompany you in the latter chapters of your life.
for Water Gardens
Please complete the below form and a member of our staff will contact you as soon as possible