About the Job
An amazing opportunity to lead and manage an innovative and experienced lifestyle team and deliver engaging and enriching activities at our Botany Home. This position plays an integral part to the culture of our Home and the health and wellbeing of each one of our residents, including staff. The Lifestyle team are fully supported by the leadership team at the Home and are fully supported with a generous lifestyle budget.
Heritage Botany is conveniently located 11 kilometers southeast of the city's central business district in the Bayside Council region. Heritage Botany offers high quality permanent and respite care, offering 112-beds comprised of single and shared rooms with shared bathrooms.
Benefits and Culture
- Above Award Rates
- Participate in the Staff Referral Program and earn additional $$$
- Ongoing professional development
- A positive and supportive workplace culture
- Employee Assistance & discounted Health & Well Being Program
- Discounts and Benefits through our Rewards Program, including vehicle financing through novated leasing and salary packaging for work related expenses and superannuation.
- Free onsite Car park
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
The Opportunity on Offer
As the Lifestyle Coordinator you will ensure the delivery of person-centred leisure and lifestyle programs that embrace evidenced based contemporary practice, supporting residents to achieve their personal goals.
How you will make an Impact
This critical role reports to the Clinical Care Manager. Some of your responsibilities include.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating programmes which are designed to meet individual needs of residents.
- Providing and maintaining dementia specific programmes to assist with behaviour management
- Assisting residents to achieve maximum independence, maintain friendships and participate within the community
- Ensuring individual interests, customs, beliefs, cultural and ethnic backgrounds are valued, fostered and residents 'cultural safety is maintained.
- Supporting, encouraging and assisting with volunteer recruitment
- Participating in operational and professional meetings, planning days and cross service activities
- Ensuring compliance to AACQA expected outcomes, standard 3, universals and linked outcomes
- Ensuring the lifestyle program and individual care plans are evaluated 100% as per Heritage Care policy
- Completing monthly lifestyle KPI report in consultation with the Clinical Care Manager and Residence Manager
You are a passionate, driven individual who is absolutely committed to aged care and designing and delivering state of the art lifestyle programs. You possess a caring nature and get satisfaction in making a positive difference in the lives of our residents everyday. You enjoy working in a team where no two days are the same. You are excited to put your ideas into action and make a contribution to the wider community.
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Current NDIS Workers Screening Check
- Current Covid-19 Vaccinations (highly recommended)
- Evidence of the right to work in Australia (Valid working rights)
- Experience in Aged Care, preferably in a residential setting
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differing cognitive, social, spiritual and cultural needs of residents
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Sound knowledge of the Aged Care Standards and expected outcome
Heritage Care is a leading residential aged care provider with 11 aged care home and 1070 beds across Victoria and New South Wales. Founded in 2002, Heritage Care is an Australian independently owned provider of quality residential aged care.
Heritage Care offers an engaging lifestyle and consciously nurtured community for residents in aged care. Our residents receive attentive, tailored care backed by highly skilled and caring staff. We have over 20 years' experience in cultivating communities that brighten our residents' lives and help them maintain an active and enriching life. We take a people centred approach to care which means our residents benefit from clinical care, participation in stimulating activities and nourished with wholesome and culturally accepted meals that are individualised to their needs and tastes. We also preserve their autonomy by involving them in daily-decision making, and offer complete transparency for families and loved ones.
Should you want to be work in a fully supported environment, where you have the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of others, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume via the APPLY NOW Link.
Due to high volume of candidates, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Location – Heritage Care Botany, 31 Edgehill Ave, Botany, NSW 2019
Job Type – Full Time
Job Position – Lifestyle
Salary – 33.89 – 33.89
Position Close Date – 21/02/2024