About the Job
Twin Park is nestled in the quiet, peaceful and leafy surrounds of Reservoir in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, 16 kilometers from the CBD. Providing quality care to 136 residents very close to public transport.
Benefits and Culture
- Above Award Rates
- Flexible Shifts – Full Time, Part Time and Casual opportunities Available
- Grow Your Own Staff Referral Program (Opportunity to earn extra $$$$)
- Paid Infection Prevention Control Lead training and Study Leave
- Ongoing professional development
- A positive and supportive workplace culture
- Employee Assistance & Well Being Program
- Discounts and Benefits through our Rewards Program, including vehicle financing through novated leasing and salary packaging for work related expenses and superannuation
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
The Opportunity on Offer
Seeking Nurses for Night Shifts for Full Time positions, however there is flexibility for Part Time or Casual opportunities.
As a Registered Nurse you will contribute to the implementation of effective clinical governance systems for safe and quality resident-centred care that supports the residents physical, spiritual, social and cultural needs, enabling residents to maintain their own wellbeing and independence for as long as possible.
How you will make an Impact
- You will report to the Clinical Care Manager of the Home and be a key member of the team. Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- To coordinate the completion of clinical care tasks and related clinical documentation.
- Constant monitoring of resident files, progress notes, lists and observation charts.
- Ensure specialised nursing care needs are managed appropriately including but not limited to patches, injections, wound care, catheter care, diabetic care, and dangerous drugs.
- Coordinate and liaise with residents, their representatives, and all other health care professionals including doctors, pharmacy, physiotherapy, podiatrist, mental health consultant and aged care assessment teams to ensure the provision of the best possible care to our residents.
- To ensure compliance is up to date with the organisations Medication Management policy and procedures.
- To promote an evidence-based process for defining infections and the re-enforcement of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program for the safe and appropriate prescribing and use of antimicrobials
You are an individual with a caring nature who gets satisfaction in making a positive difference in the lives of our residents everyday. You enjoy working in a team where no two days are the same. You are excited to share your ideas and make a contribution to the wider community.
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in Residential Aged Care
- Available for picking Nights Shifts
- Current NDIS Workers Screening Check
- Current Covid-19 Vaccinations (highly recommended)
- Experience in the re-accreditation process and related assessment visits through the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (ACQSC)
- Broad knowledge of the Aged Care Industry, Aged Care Act, 1997 and subordinate principles
- Strong knowledge of Aged Care Funding Instrument (AN-ACC)
- Excellent computer literacy and competency in electronic care systems
- Experience in accessing Joanna Briggs "best practice" portal with demonstrable understanding of contemporary nursing practice
- Experience in Key Performance Indicators and an unambiguous understanding of clinical governance and accountability
- Ability to manage a team to achieve high performance
Heritage Care is a leading residential aged care provider with 11 aged care home and 1046 beds across Victoria and New South Wales. Founded in 2002, Heritage Care is an Australian independently owned provider of quality residential aged care.
Heritage Care offers an engaging lifestyle and consciously nurtured community for residents in aged care. Our residents receive attentive, tailored care backed by highly skilled and caring staff.
We have over 20 years' experience in cultivating communities that brighten our residents' lives and help them maintain an active and enriching life.
Should you want to be work in a fully supported environment, where you have the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of others, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume via the APPLY NOW Link.
Due to high volume of candidates, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Location – Twin Parks- 33/47 Blake St, Reservoir VIC 3073
Job Type – Full Time
Job Position – Nurses
Salary – 37.3 – 55.96
Position Close Date – 16/01/2024